Getting to Sabi Sabi
There are multiple ways to access our piece of paradise in the heart of southern Africa. Peruse the options below to discover the most convenient option for you. We are ready and waiting to share our unforgettable home with you.
Where to find us
Your adventure awaits you.
Your travel options
Whether you prefer to travel by road or by air, there are various ways to get to Sabi Sabi. You may choose to self-drive and travel independently, or take advantage of one of our scheduled transfers, or fly to Skukuza airport or directly to our private airstrip. We do our utmost to ensure a safe and convenient journey, awaiting your arrival so your safari experience can begin.
GETTING THERE BY AIR - FEDERAL AIR
- Daily scheduled flights from O.R. Tambo (Johannesburg) International Airport (previously known as Johannesburg International) directly to the Sabi Sabi Airstrip.
- Daily scheduled flights from O.R. Tambo International Airport in Johannesburg to Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport (KMIA) (Nelspruit) with a short hop to the Sabi Sabi Airstrip.
- Private air charters on request.
- Helicopter transfers on request.
- Complimentary transfers between the Sabi Sabi Airstrip and the Sabi Sabi safari lodges.
GETTING THERE BY AIR – AIRLINK
- Airlink operates daily scheduled flights between Johannesburg and Skukuza; and between Cape Town and Skukuza.
- Airlink operates daily scheduled flights from O.R. Tambo International Airport in Johannesburg to Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport (KMIA) (Nelspruit) with a short hop to the Sabi Sabi Airstrip on Federal Air.
- Airlink operates convenient and daily direct flights between Nelspruit and Cape Town, Durban, Johannesburg and connecting Livingstone (Vic Falls), Zambia to Nelspruit every Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday.
- Airlink also operates daily scheduled flights from Durban and Cape Town to Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport (Nelspruit) with a short hop to the Sabi Sabi Airstrip.
- Transfers between Skukuza Airport and Sabi Sabi can be arranged and charges will apply.
- Flights with Airlink are to be booked directly by the guests travelling. (go to AirLink)
GETTING THERE BY ROAD
- 500 km from Johannesburg, an easy five-hour drive on National Roads.
- Road transfers from the Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport to Sabi Sabi can be arranged on request.
- Sabi Sabi is a two-hour scenic drive from Nelspruit. Transfers from the airport can be arranged.
Kindly note that all rates exclude the Sabie Game Reserve (SGR) Conservation Levy of R270 (VAT inclusive) per person per night. This levy includes entrance fees. The conservation levy supports conservation, security and access-control and the anti-poaching initiatives of the Sabie Game Reserve NPC, a non-profit company.
ROAD TRANSFERS TO SABI SABI
Airlink operates convenient and daily direct flights between Nelspruit and Cape Town, Durban, Johannesburg and between Nelspruit and Livingstone (Vic Falls), Zambia on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays connecting to the direct road transfers.
- Driving time is approximately 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- Rates are subject to change.
- Should a guest request a dedicated vehicle please contact our reservations for a quote.
- Reservations can be made directly with Sabi Sabi as follows:
- Tel: +27 (11) 447-7172
- Fax: +27 (11) 442-0728
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Terms and Conditions
- In the case of a last minute cancellation, a minimum of 8 hours notice is required failing which the full transfer rate will be charged.
- In the case of a “no show”, the full transfer rate will be charged.
- Should a guest miss a flight and arrive on a later flight, a waiting fee will be charged at R250.00 per hour or part thereof.
- Should a flight be delayed due to reasons beyond the guest control, no cancellation fees will be levied.
Driving to Sabi Sabi?
All the information you need, download detailed travel information here.
Sabi Sabi Airstrip
Since its inception in mid-2004, the Sabi Sabi airstrip has streamlined guest transport to and from Sabi Sabi’s lodges and ensured seamless travel for visitors. Your ranger will welcome you on arrival and transfer you to your lodge in an open safari vehicle. Your ranger will again transfer you back to our airstrip for departure, with minimal transfer time between the lodges and the airstrip.
- Meet & Greet on arrival at Sabi Sabi Airstrip.
- Transfers to Sabi Sabi lodges from the airfield
- Sabi Sabi Airstrip information