Any time of year is a good time to visit Sabi Sabi, as each season has its own advantages.
|Spring and Summer is a time when the bush is green, lush and thick. It is also the time of year when the reserve is filled with many newborn animals. Temperatures range from:|
(Sept – Nov)
|20°C / 68°F|
31°C / 87°F
(Dec – Feb)
|22°C / 71°F|
35°C / 95°F
|Autumn and Winter are the dry months, the bush is less dense and with a lack of water, animals frequent the waterholes more often. Temperatures range from:|
(March to May)
|19°C / 66°F|
28°C / 82°F
(June – Aug)
|12°C / 53°F|
25°C / 77°F
What to pack for your safari
- Dress completely informal. Neutral colours recommended. (A full range of safari clothing is available in our Boutique Shops).
- Windbreaker or warm jacket for winter and night safaris.
- Comfortable walking shoes.
- Swimming costume – each of our luxury safari lodges has a cool filtered pool.
- Binoculars, camera and video camera.
- Sunhats and sunglasses.
What we provide for your safari
- Ponchos for wet weather
- Mosquito repellent
- Blankets and hot water bottles during the early morning and evening safaris in our winter season
- Bottled water
Please note that Sabi Sabi is situated within a malaria area. It is recommended that guests consult their physician/travel clinic regarding easily administered malaria prophylaxis before embarking on any safari travel to South Africa.
If there is anything else you would like to know about safari travel to Sabi Sabi Private Game Reserve, please do not hesitate to contact us.