Getting there by air – Federal air
- Daily scheduled flights from O.R. Tambo (Johannesburg) International Airport (previously known as Johannesburg International) directly to the Sabi Sabi Airstrip.
- Daily scheduled flights from O.R. Tambo International Airport in Johannesburg to Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport (KMIA) (Nelspruit) with a short hop to the Sabi Sabi Airstrip.
- Private air charters on request.
- Helicopter transfers on request.
- Complimentary transfers between the Sabi Sabi Airstrip and the Sabi Sabi safari lodges.
Getting there by air – Airlink
- Airlink operates daily scheduled flights between Johannesburg and Skukuza; and between Cape Town and Skukuza
- Airlink operates daily scheduled flights from O.R. Tambo International Airport in Johannesburg to Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport (KMIA) (Nelspruit) with a short hop to the Sabi Sabi Airstrip on Federal Air.
- Airlink operates convenient and daily direct flights between Nelspruit and Cape Town, Durban, Johannesburg and connecting Livingstone (Vic Falls), Zambia to Nelspruit every Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday.
- Airlink also operates daily scheduled flights from Durban and Cape Town to Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport (Nelspruit) with a short hop to the Sabi Sabi Airstrip
- Transfers between Skukuza Airport and Sabi Sabi can be arranged and charges will apply
- Flights with Airlink are to be booked directly by the guests travelling
Getting there by road
- 500 km from Johannesburg, an easy five-hour drive on National Roads.
- Road transfers from the Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport to
Sabi Sabi can be arranged on request.
- Sabi Sabi is a two-hour scenic drive from Nelspruit. Transfers from the airport can be arranged.
The Sabi Sand Wildtuin (SSW) has advised that, with immediate effect, the gate fees into the reserve will be R280 per vehicle (this applies to vehicles larger than 3.5 tons). There will be a further charge of R120 per person levied.
road transfers to sabi sabi
Airlink operates convenient and daily direct flights between Nelspruit and Cape Town, Durban, Johannesburg and between Nelspruit and Livingstone (Vic Falls), Zambia on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays connecting to the direct road transfers.
Please note there is a surcharge of R120-00 per person levied for all road arrivals via the Sabi Sand Wildtuin.
- Driving time is approximately 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- Rates subject to change due to Sabi Sand Wildtuin entry fees and fuel increases.
- Should a guest request a dedicated vehicle please contact our reservations for a quote.
- Reservations can be made directly with Sabi Sabi as follows:
- Tel: +27 (11) 447-7172
- Fax: +27 (11) 442-0728
- E-mail: email@example.com
terms and conditions:
- In the case of a last minute cancellation, a minimum of 8 hours notice is required failing which the full transfer rate will be charged.
- In the case of a “no show”, the full transfer rate will be charged.
- Should a guest miss a flight and arrive on a later flight, a waiting fee will be charged at R250.00 per hour or part thereof.
- Should a flight be delayed due to reasons beyond the guest control, no cancellation fees will be levied.
View a printable map of how to get to our luxury safari lodges in the heart of the
Sabi Sand Reserve or contact us should you require more information.
Sabi Sabi Airstrip Information
Since its inception in mid-2004, the Sabi Sabi airstrip has streamlined guest transport to and from Sabi Sabi’s lodges and ensured seamless travel for visitors. Your ranger will welcome you on arrival and transfer you to your lodge in an open safari vehicle. Your ranger will again transfer you back to our airstrip for departure, with minimal transfer time between the lodges and the airstrip.