dukka spiced kudu loin on hummus flavoured mashed potato and caramelised root vegetables
The North African Dukka spice combines well with the kudu and the slight saltiness of the parma ham enhances the flavour of the spice.
- 2 x Tbsp Cumin Powder
- 2 x Tbsp Coriander Powder
- 1 x Tbsp Toasted White Sesame Seeds
- 100g x Toasted Ground Almonds
- Salt to taste
Combine all ingredients and stir well. Add in salt to taste.
- 180g x Trimmed Kudu Loin
- 1 x Slice Parma Ham
- 2 x tsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 x Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt & Freshly Ground Pepper to taste
Combine balsamic vinegar & olive oil & marinate kudu loin for 10 minutes.
Season kudu loin with salt & pepper, sear both sides. Rub with dukka spice & wrap with parma ham. Bake in pre-heated oven at 220 ℃ for 5 minutes to be served medium rare.
hummus flavoured mashed potato
- 1 X 345g can chickpeas drained
- 2 X cloves garlic minced
- Juice of 1 lemon
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 2 X tablespoons tahini
- 2 X Tablespoons virgin olive oil
- 70g smooth mashed potato
Place all ingredients in your food processor with the S blade and puree to desired consistency. Mix 2 Tbsp of hummus into the mash potato and season to taste.
caramelised root vegetables:
- 1 medium carrot peeled and diced into 1cm cubes
- 1 beetroot cooked peeled and diced into 1cm cubes
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp butter
- Fresh cracked black pepper and salt
Heat butter over a medium heat till melted and add carrots and beetroot.
Saute for 2min and add sugar, allow sugar to melt and caramelise before seasoning with salt and pepper.
Place a quenelle of hummus flavoured mashed potato in the centre of the plate.
Place caramelised root vegetables around the quenelle and place the parma ham wrapped kudu loin on the quenelle.
Garnish with fresh micro greens.