cous cous and gremolata crusted linefish with lemon veloute, served on grilled vegetable salad
The distinct lemon flavour from the Gremolata in the crust enhances the natural taste of the fish, the vegetable salad adds a hint of freshness to the dish and combines well with the veloute.
cous cous and gremolata crust
- 4 tsp olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic
- Coarsely grated zest of 2 lemons
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp parsley or rosemary - finely chopped
- 110g cooked cous cous
- 170g trimmed kingklip (white firm fleshed fish)
Gently warm the olive oil in the pan and add the garlic, lemon zest, black pepper, parsley or rosemary. Mix lightly. Add the cous cous and continue to cook until the mixture binds. Season with salt and black pepper and sear on either side for 1 minute per side, allow to cool and spread crust over the top, pre heat an oven to 220 degrees celsius and bake fish for 3-4 minutes or until cooked.
- 100ml dry white wine
- 200ml fish Veloute
- 50ml cream
- 50g butter
- Salt, White Pepper and Lemon Juice to taste.
- Reduce your white wine by half and then add your fish Veloute.
- Reduce your Veloute until it coats the back of a spoon. Temper cream and stir into the Veloute.
- Right before serving, whisk in you butter and season with salt, white pepper and a couple drops of lemon juice.
grilled vegetable salad
- asparagus spears, trimmed
- medium zucchini, cut lengthwise into ½ cm slices
- butternut squash, cut lengthwise into ½ cm slices
- small red onion, cut into ½ cm slices
- red bell pepper, roasted , skinned and seeded
- Tbsp chopped fresh basil
- Tbsp chopped fresh chives
- Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2Tbsp basil pesto
To prepare salad, coat asparagus,zucchini, squash, onion, and bell pepper with olive oil. Place vegetables on grill rack; grill 4 minutes on each side or until slightly blackened. Remove vegetables from grill; cool slightly. Cut vegetables into 2cm pieces. Marinate vegetables with basil pesto.
Place grilled vegetable salad in the middle of a pasta bowl, drizzle lemon veloute over the salad and around it. Place fish on the salad and serve with baby lettuce shoots.