family safaris in south africa
Packed with endless attractions and activities aimed at both adults and children a family safari in South Africa is the ideal way to spend a family vacation. No matter what your age, the powerful forces of nature combined with the sheer beauty of the wild will overwhelm you. At Sabi Sabi, our African family safaris offer amazing opportunities for young and old to experience the fragile beauty and variety of the bushveld together.
children's policy: 01 january 2014 - 31 december 2014
Find out more about booking your African family safari trip to Sabi Sabi in 2014, by reviewing our Children′s Policy for the dates above.
- 3 Years and younger: Stay free of charge in a cot.
- 4 - 7 Years: Sharing with 1 or 2 adults pay R2000-00 per child per night.
- 8 - 12 Years: Sharing with 1 or 2 adults pay R3000-00 per child per night.
- 13 Years and over: Sharing with 1 or 2 adults will pay adult rate.
- Children occupying their own room will pay the full adult rate for a maximum of 1 child (if 4 children sharing the remaining 3 will pay the applicable children's rates).
- Children under the age of 6 years will not be allowed on safaris.
- Children between the age of 3 and 6 years may only accompany their parents / guardians on safari if there is exclusive use of a safari vehicle.The usage of an exclusive vehicle is subject to availability, a surcharge and restrictions at sightings due to possible disturbance to animals and/or guests on other vehicles.
- Open safari vehicles must be pre-booked and the surcharge, where applicable, will be charged to the extras account.
- Babysitters can be arranged at a minimum rate of R70-00 per child per hour which is to be paid directly to the babysitter.
- Babysitters are to be booked with reception on arrival.
- Children 4 years and younger will not be allowed in the boma for dinner. Dinner will be arranged in the Safari Lounge between 17h00 and 19h00. Breakfast and lunch as per normal with parents / guardians.
- Sabi Sabi reserves the right of allowing or disallowing children on safari for any possible reason and this is at the discretion of the General Manager / Ranger of the vehicle.
- All children's rates quoted are nett and non-commissionable.
- Bush Lodge can accommodate 3 family rooms with a maximum of 3 children per room.
elefun centre - bush lodge
- Target age group: 4 - 12 years.
- Children under 4 years need to be accompanied to the centre by an adult (parent, family member or child minder, which may be booked through Reception).
- When there are evening activities in the lounge, children under 4 years need to be accompanied by an adult (parent, family member or child minder, which may be booked through Reception).
- When the EleFun Centre Coordinator is supervising the children in the evening, her responsibility ends at 21h30, after which time a child minder may be booked to sit with the children.
selati camp, little bush camp & earth lodge
- Providing there is exclusivity of either lodge with family and / or friends children may be allowed and rates are available on request.
open safari vehicle exclusivity
If open safari vehicle exclusivity is required a daily charge of R4500 for the vehicle will be levied. Land Rover exclusivity is subject to availability and is
based on the following seating capacities:
- Bush Lodge - 8 seats
- Little Bush Camp, Selati Camp and Earth Lodge - 6 seats
- During peak season (Easter and Christmas), open safari vehicle exclusivity will be based on 8 people.
- Open safari vehicle exclusivity must be pre-booked and the surcharge, where applicable, will be charged to the extras account.